SmallBagBigHeart
It has been a horrible horrible horrible week at work. Did I say I've had a horrible week at work? ;) In the evenings, I was just too tired to do anything else except for sitting on the sofa, browsing tinterweb then falling asleep. Waking up about 11 o'clock, brushed my teeth (lol, dont ask me why!) then went back to sleep again.

Despite I had a horrible week at work, hehe, there was something good - Amy Butler's event in John Lewis on 19th August!! Meeting Amy Butler is even better than going to a Take That concert!! It was a great experience.

The event was held in one of the rooms/offices above the John Lewis store on Oxford Street, made to look great with some bags, quilts, dresses and some other bits and pieces made from Amy's patterns and fabric. Then there was the lovely lady herself, friendly and smiley and just so down to earth. Amy showed us lots of photos from her travels in Indonesia and India which have inspired her new fabric collection. She also gave us a sneak preview of her new range of bed linens, towels, rugs, handbags and her new craft project software. I was very impressed with how much detailed work is involved in making handmade rugs. For that reason, I think they are worthy every penny and now I would never complain that handmade rugs are too expensive!

As my friend Michelle said, it was a little bit like sitting in a close friend's living room and listening to her traveling stores with tea, coffee and some tasty pastries. It was that causal and relaxed. Amy also chatted with everyone individually while she was signing autographs. Listening to her story about how she started her brand and business, it is very inspiring and encouraging.

That's the highlight of my week, meeting Amy Butler!

0 Responses

Post a Comment